Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Birdie


I love this week's colors over at TCR and I love making my own embellies so when I saw the challenge over at Challenge Me Happy I decided to play along with both.  I have these oh-so-funny pictures of my baby at two days old unintentionally (or intentionally?!) giving us the birdie and just had to scrap them!

Because there is a birdie involved, I tried to give the page a grungy, urban feel softened up with a couple of real birdies...my play on words, get it?..."birdie"...hee-hee...OK, OK, enough of that!  So I pretty much used gesso and paint to make the background. I doodled all the borders..I find white-out pens make excellent doodle pens against black or dark cardstock. The birds were hand drawn and cut out of cardboard then painted.  Hope you enjoy it:



Here is this weeks color palette..


8 comments:

  1. This is hillarious but beautiful! I can't believe that all of that is doodled and homemade! you amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your style is sooo inventive and creative...LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this one is gorgeous can't believe I missed it in the TCR gallery, thanks for subbing. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool layout! Everything just pops right off the black!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't you clever! White Out pens - never thought of that! Great LO! Thanks for playing with us at Challenge Me Happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really bright and funky, and those birds are super cute! Thanks for joining in the challenge at CMH :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your page! AND the cute birds!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and visits are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...