Monday, October 3, 2011

One For the Road..

I'm leaving for the land of Aloha! in two days..so, so excited! My hubs and I will be celebrating our 8 year wedding anniversary there:)  Before heading out though, I got a page done that really makes me happy!  It's funny and I had a misting, painting, doodling, stamping good time! I based it on the color scheme over at
TCR and also got inspired to pull out my stamps from this great blog I discovered called Challenge Me Happy.





This "photo session" was impromptu and when I saw the faces that my girls had pulled (especially my youngest) I just cracked up! So I wanted to make a page that was lighthearted, cartoonish and fun. Lots of mists and painting with this cool stencil I got from plaid/folk art. Painted some gesso and molding paste randomly and sprayed some more. Most of the black on here is my doodling expect for the title and a few circle clusters. Added 2 transparencies behind the color photo.  Here's the color palette:


Thanks for stopping by and Aloha!!

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I absolutely love how you incorporated the colors and those photo's are priceless...made me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous layout. I found you threw CHM. Glad I did, I will be back to see what else you get up to. The the whole gesso, paint look, the doodling and the photos are so so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just so amazing!!! Love your stamping and that scallop is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the feature chickadee!!! Definitely a worthy prize winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout... I just love all the fun elements! Thanks for playing along with CMH too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunning layout! I love how you have incorporated the stamps in your design! Well played!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and visits are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...