Thursday, August 21, 2014

UWS - Temple Bayon

Hi everyone,

Last year my husband and I had the opportunity to go to Cambodia and see the many amazing temple ruins there. They are amazing and each one different from the others. Of course we took approximately a million and one photos but besides gracing my memory card, I think I've scrapped one :-/

I'm so happy to be sharing A-nother photo with you all (hey, that's one better than none). One of our favorite temples was Bayon. It has all these massive stone faces high up on its towers...so distinct, amazing. Here's a photo of one of the faces.


I used UmWowStudio products to create this look and I'm so pleased with how well they worked here. The background is stamping on 7Dots Studio paper, followed by stencil work with the UWS Brick Mask and an Oil Bar. 


I also used UWS Layered Squares chipboard to make the floating bricks. To get that stone appearance I "patted down" molding paste then painted them with metallic watercolors. 




The damask florals from the UWS Floral Collection allude to the flora surrounding these temples. I painted them with Distress Crackle paint.


Hope you enjoyed that, have a wonderful day!







3 comments:

  1. Oh I would love to go to Cambodia! Lucky you! You have framed the photo perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. That background is perfect for the photo. Love how you "extended" the photo with the elements on your background. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another layout full of inspiration. Love the photo and I have to say that the texture and layers are just fabulous. LOVE

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and visits are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...